"The Sports Capital of Texas?" Top 5 Page for this destination Round Rock by american_tourister

Round Rock Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 118 photos

Suburbia rules!

Round Rock has grown on me. I was not sure about it at first as since we have been here my time is split between being overseas and here. My wife and son love living here and honestly we would not dream of returning to CA unless some one just wanted to pay obscene amounts of money.

RR is close enough to Austin that you can enjoy all the things it has to offer but is also far enough away that it has its own identity and is safer. Add in that it has one of the highest densities of Concealed Handgun Licenses and it makes the folks really polite. You just don't know who is packing heat!

RR is also the home of Dell Computers where my nephew works. He lovingly/hatefully calls it "Dellcatraz". RR is really the Irvine of the Greater Austin, Texas area!

• Pros:Cheaper than California
  • Cons:Hot summers, cold winters
  • In a nutshell:A nice boring middle class town
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2011

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2008 at 11:45 AM

This is a good start.

• sue&gene's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM

I think the gun range is in Pflugerville.

• Nov 1, 2007 at 11:35 AM

2 huge parks each with disc golf, several football and baseball fields, one with a cricket field, and fishing, the other with bike trails. A sports multicomplex, several Y's, a waterpark, oh I could go on and on...

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2006 at 10:57 AM

I had no idea where Round Rock was. Seems like a nice part of America.

american_tourister Lives Here!

american_tourister

“What the hell was that?”

Badges & Stats in Round Rock

Have you been to Round Rock?