"Santos - Where the storks live" Santos by american_tourister
Santos Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
I was told about the stork nest here and made a sidebar trip just to see it. Yep, sure nuff, there it is right by the highway.
There are no storks like this in North America so to me this was an interesting sight.
I remember as a child being told about storks bringing babies. I had to ask,"What is a stork?" I have now seen wild storks and know where babies come from. They are from SW Hungary.
There are the government issued signs in all towns that have the town name but some of the towns have hand made signs that reflect the people in the town.
Like all of Hungary, the true second language is German. The combined histories of the people and proximity make this so. English is a third language here.
I love the brightly painted houses in this part of Hungary. I always wonder who lives in them and what their hopes and dreams are.
- Cons:A long way from everywhere else
- In a nutshell:I made the effort to see the storks but you can see then elsewhere.
american_tourister's Related Pages
Santos Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santos
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Santos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue