"A pleasant little place" Dubrave by american_tourister
Dubrave Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 8 photos
Dubrave was the town that grew around Eagle Base when it was a Yugoslavian Air Force Base during the cold war. There are actually two Dubraves. There are Donje Dubrave and Gornje Dubrave. That means Lower Dubrave and Upper Dubrave. It is a farming community and there are a few local places which cater to the Americans on base. It is friendly and the locals did not wnat the Amercians to leave as Eagle Base was a cash cow for them. I have often wondered what happened here after I lft. Maybe one day I will return with my son to have a look see.
This was our beer joint in Bosnia. It is right outside the gate to the base and has been the scene of many a drunken ramble. No fist fights but lots of verbal jousting mind you!
This is Ado and Ado. Yep, they are both named Ado. The difference is that the Ado on the left is a waiter who is an architect and the one on the right is the crook who owns the joint!
Behind them you will see my contribution to the place. It is my 2002 World Series Champion Angels pennant. This was in my office at the base and when I left I willed it to the Bosanka.
- Pros:Our little slice of Bosnia
- Cons:Made a good enfilade to the base!
- In a nutshell:Right outside the gates and a constant reminder of where we were.
Everyone plays Soccer (English Football). You see kids playing and even adults have leagues and play for sport. Here is... more travel advice
If you see this man....RUN!!!! He will make you sit down for A (one..singular....not several) beer and this is the... more travel advice
american_tourister's Related Pages
Dubrave Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Dubrave
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dubrave?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubrave
Photos in DubraveSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue