London Nightlife Tips by american_tourister
London Nightlife: 1,210 reviews and 1,209 photos
For a London pub this place is huge. It has multiple rooms and bars and it has Old Speckled Hen on tap. I spent a couple of quality hours here one evening. It is famous for having famous folk frequent it including Charles Dickens.
Dress Code: Pants are required. Anything other than that is good!
Address: 174 Camden High Street NW1 London
Directions: Across the street from the Camden Town tube station
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme: Eating and Drinking
There are so many good pubs in London it is hard to pick the best by food, beer, or atmosphere but for general people watching this one is good. It is located next door to the Lyceum Thater and is in the heart of Covent Garden. There are well heeled theater attendees, locals, partiers, tourists and some other odds and ends. On nice warm days sit outside and have a pie al fresco with a pint.
Address: 351 The Strand, London, WC2R 0HS
Directions: Covent Garden next to the Lyceum Theater
Phone: 0871 951 1000
Theme: Eating and Drinking
The OLD club
The most famous live music venue in the world. The Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, ZZ Top, Sex Pistols, Doors, Yardbirds, etc all played there. I went a couple of times in the 80s but have not been there since.
Dress Code: What ever is in fashion but they pat you down and check for weapons.
Address: 14 Upper Saint Martins Lane WC2H 9EF
Directions: look for the Red & White Striped Awning
Other Contact: http://www.themarqueeclub.net/
Phone: 07726 518 040
Theme: Live Music
London Palace Theater
As a Monty Python fan I had to see this. Spamalot is "Lovingly ripped off" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. If you are a Python fan you have to see this. Tim Curry is wonderful as King Arthur and you can tell that the cast really enjoys putting on this show.
Dress Code: Casual but more dressy the lower you sit.
Address: Shaftesbury Avenue London, W1D 8AY
Other Contact: Covent Garden
Phone: 0870 890 0142
More Reviews (27)
- See All Way groovy location!
- See All When to visit
- See All Best way from Heathrow direct to town
- See All From HELL! Jack the Ripper Tour
- See All Close to the V&A and Natural History...
american_tourister's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 31 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (48)
- Tower of London- 462 Reviews, 762 Photos
- British Museum- 295 Reviews, 529 Photos
- Buckingham Palace.- 398 Reviews, 660 Photos
- London Eye- 265 Reviews, 455 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 259 Reviews, 447 Photos
- Camden Town, Lock and Market.- 101 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 374 Reviews, 632 Photos
- Other Museums and Galleries- 265 Reviews, 584 Photos
- Portobello Road and Notting Hill- 89 Reviews, 132 Photos
- St Pauls Cathedral- 248 Reviews, 419 Photos
See All London Things to Do