"GMT" Greenwich by american_tourister
Greenwich Travel Guide: 318 reviews and 847 photos
I have always been fascinated with the fact that the English cartographers of the 18th century elected to declare that the two hemispheres of the world intersect at Greenwich. At this time London was the world's largest city and most important but this was really audacious. The amazing fact is that the world accepted it and still agrees by it.
I have always wnated to straddle these two hemispheres and finally got my chance. What I was nto aware fo is that Greenwich is also home to the National Maritime Museum and the Cutty Srak. It is a quaint little village and I only had one afternoon to explore. I wnat to return and explore some more.
- Pros:Nifty day out in London
- Cons:Not easy to get to, takes two trains and lots of walking
- In a nutshell:For history buffs it is well worth the effort
This is a cool old pub located right at the gates of the Naval College. It is adjacent to the Greenwich Marketplace so... more travel advice
I did not have time to tour, only to walk past and snap a photo. Upon my return I will defintely graba tour of this... more travel advice
american_tourister's Related Pages
Greenwich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic Greenwich"
- "Maritime Greenwich"
- "GREENWICH, ENGLAND"
- "Greenwich - the Prime Meridian of the World"
- "Green Greenwich, top of the hill, top of the bill"
- "Greenwich, standing in two time zones"
- "GREEN, GREEN, GREEN GREENWICH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greenwich
- Hotels in Greenwich
- Transportation in Greenwich
- Nightlife in Greenwich
- Restaurants in Greenwich
- Shopping in Greenwich
- Warnings and Dangers in Greenwich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Greenwich
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Greenwich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greenwich
Photos in GreenwichSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue