"Home away from home" Al Jubayl by american_tourister
Al Jubayl Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Jubayl has been the home of people for over 4000 years yet there is little to suggest that anyone has lived here for over 100 years. It is a Saudi boom town that is dependant on the tides of the chemical and oil business and is home to thousands and thousands of expat workers from many countries. In 2 years I have yet to meet anyone, Saudi or otherwise who was born and raised here.
It is better than most Saudi towns though in many respects. It has a little shopping mall, decent grocery stores, restaurants, fast food and some nice western expat compounds. It is on a main highway to Khobar and is only about a 1 hour drive from the Bahrain causeway.
It is split up into 4 definitive areas spread over a very large area. There is Mina Jubayl (Port of Jubayl), Industrial Jubayl (Chemical plants and support), Jubayl City (vendors and shops), and Residential Jubayl.
american_tourister's Related Pages
Al Jubayl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ahlan Washalan...Kingdom of Saudi Arabia"
- "City of lights ...."
- "My new place of work"
- "Home away from home"
- See All...
- Restaurants in Al Jubayl
- Shopping in Al Jubayl
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Jubayl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Jubayl
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Al Jubayl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Jubayl
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue