"Tallil - Cedar - Ur" An Nasiriyah by american_tourister
An Nasiriyah Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 12 photos
Tallil Air Base and Camp Cedar are loctaed here as well as the ancient city of Ur. I was sent here TDY (Temporary Duty Status) and while I adjust very well to spartan conditions this place is really trying. It is in the bottom of an ancient seabed and is also an alluvial plain from the Euphrates River. The Euphrates changed course to about 20 miles from here well over 3000 years ago leaving behind what is best described as "Moon Dust". The moon dust becomes pudding when it rains as it does quite often in winter.
The dust though does have one interesting aspect. this place is home to osme of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen.
- Pros:A long way from the flagpole
- Cons:Hot and dusty
- In a nutshell:The Ziggurat is a must see
american_tourister's Related Pages
An Nasiriyah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tallil - Cedar - Ur"
- "Ur (near Nasiriyah)"
- "The birth place of civilazation"
- "The Ziggurat of Ur, near Nasiriyah, Iraq"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in An Nasiriyah
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to An Nasiriyah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in An Nasiriyah
Photos in An NasiriyahSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue