"LEWES" Top 5 Page for this destination Lewes by zuriga
Lewes Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 124 photos
Lewes, close to Brighton, is a very picturesque and lovely town for a day's outing. There's a great deal of history here, not to mention modern craft shops and a High Street lined with the old and new architecture that makes Lewes special.
The town was the site of the historic Battle of Lewes in 1264. It is the location of several historic buildings, including Lewes Castle, the remains of Lewes Priory and the so-called Anne of Cleves House (which was owned, but never lived in, by the divorced queen).
Walking around the town of Lewes is fascinating. There's something new to see at every turn, whether it be the ancient... more travel advice
zuriga's Related Pages
Lewes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LEWES - 'IT'S NICER THAN BRIGHTON!'"
- "Great Town"
- "The Paddock, Lewes, East Sussex, England"
- "Lewes Castle"
- "1066 Norman Castle & Tudor Anne of Cleaves House"
- "Lewes- Burning the Pope every November"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lewes
- Hotels in Lewes
- Transportation in Lewes
- Nightlife in Lewes
- Restaurants in Lewes
- Shopping in Lewes
- Warnings and Dangers in Lewes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lewes
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Lewes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lewes
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surrey Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kent Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 6 travelogues
- Isle of Wight Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leatherhead Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos