"WHITBY" Whitby by zuriga
Whitby Travel Guide: 388 reviews and 834 photos
Whitby is a charming seaside town in North Yorkshire. It's famous for being special to Captain Cook and also home to famous black jet which makes terrific jewelry. There's also an annual music festival held in Whitby. Time seems to stand still in this part of Yorkshire. I was last there in 2001 and on a return trip in July, 2008, nothing appeared to have changed. While in Whitby, it's worth a short ride to see the beautiful fishing village to the north... Staithes and also a look at Robin Hood Bay which is spectacular and to the south.
Above Whitby are the remains of a castle and an abbey. They're easily seen from the town below.
- In a nutshell:The epitome of English fishing villages
The Magpie is famous all over the UK. Its fresh fish and world-renowned fish and chips make it a definite place to have... more travel advice
zuriga's Related Pages
Whitby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East Coast Seaside Town"
- "Whistlestop tour of Whitby"
- "Whitby - Candyfloss and Gambling Halls"
- "I live near here"
- "Wandering Through Whitby"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitby
- Hotels in Whitby
- Transportation in Whitby
- Nightlife in Whitby
- Restaurants in Whitby
- Shopping in Whitby
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitby
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Whitby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitby
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 68 photos, 4 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Surrey Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kent Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 6 travelogues
- Isle of Wight Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake District National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leatherhead Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos