"ZURIGA AT HOME" zuriga's Profile

Welcome and thanks for dropping by.

This is my latest, favorite quote.
"To cheat oneself out of love is a most terrible deception. It is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation neither in time nor eternity."

Following my own advice, I changed my script and moved to Leatherhead, Surrey (see my Leatherhead page) in 2004.... so that I didn't suffer the eternal loss. Leatherhead is on the River Mole... a lovely, small town with beautiful views as one walks to the High Street. The 2012 Olympic Cycling events went through just blocks from our house, and that was a lot of fun to see.

I hope you'll take a look at a few of my pages... and more to come.

My Chappaqua, NY page is a humorous look at where I lived for many years. Does the name ring a bell? If not, the pics there will explain!

I'm just sorry life is so short. I still have 259 places left to see in my wanderlustful time left here on earth. Make that 256, I got to the Isle of Wight in May and Norfolk in June of 2006, and in 2007 it was Seattle, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Dublin. We also travelled to Amsterdam, Bruges and Brussels, Paris many times and the U.S. is always on the horizon and more of England of course.

In 2011, we had a wonderful two-week trip to California where a lot of my immediate family lives. In 2012, we've so far spent a week in the Languedoc region of France and some time in Paris. And San Francisco here I come.

I think of VT as as the cyber UN - many people coming together for good, not evil. I treasure the many friends I've made here over the years.

WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY

This is Chappaqua (my home for many years) in the Autumn. It's a beautiful time of year in the NE United States.

LEATHERHEAD, SURREY

My new hometown - since 2004. This is the view of my walk into the village, before we moved from a flat to a house in 2007. The walk isn't as scenic now. :-)

GRANDDAUGHTER INDIA

Here's my third grandchild - India Alexandra who lives in Seattle.

IAN

My grandson Ian lives in Redmond, WA - here he is at his school band concert. I was lucky enough to be there in person.

OLDEST GRANDDAUGHER - ERICA

Erica lives in Minneapolis. She's learning Chinese in school. Times have changed..... and how she's in high school.

The Pickerings From Leatherhead Surrey

• Intro Updated Aug 19, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
zuriga's Profile Photo

zuriga

“It`s never too late for changing one`s script.”

Real Name