"Tropical paradise at 13 degrees North and 144 East" Guam by bmiller39
Guam Travel Guide: 635 reviews and 2,153 photos
Guam is a little off the beaten path. Half of the island, which is about 35 miles long, is in the Philippine sea and the other half in the Pacific ocean. You can't really tell the difference as the water is crystal clear on both sides. From the air, it looks as if Guam is ringed with sandy beaches. This is an illusion as what you actually see is the crust of the coral reef surrounding the island. There are lots of tidal basins and the surf actually begins several hundred yards out as the water hits the flat coral crust. Many novice swimmers have made the mistaked of wandering out to the surf and getting caught in the current and pulled off the ledge..When this happens, it is very difficult to fight your way back on the reef and you stand the likelyhood of getting swept out to sea.
- Pros:Beautiful water, lots of water activities, resort area that is very good
- Cons:Hot, frequent rain, somewhat pricey
- In a nutshell:Nice place to visit and great location for getting to other locations such as Saipan, Rota, Tinian, Palau, etc. Often good travel packages to Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Guam has two large shopping plaza's the specialize in tourist type of luxury items. The Tuman sands plaza has a... more travel advice
Guam is a multi cultural island, but the predominance of the locals are called Chammoros which are polynesian... more travel advice
bmiller39's Related Pages
Guam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Travel2write's Guam"
- "$$$ SHOPPING AROUND GUAM IN 8 HOURS $$$"
- "The Tiny Island Of Guam"
- "Not a Whole Day, Just "Hafa Adai" in Guam"
- "AyurinHiro's new Guam Page"
- "I survived the Guam shopathon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guam
- Hotels in Guam
- Transportation in Guam
- Nightlife in Guam
- Restaurants in Guam
- Shopping in Guam
- Warnings and Dangers in Guam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guam
- 10 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Guam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guam
- Posted in Travel Catania Forum "Re: restaurant near Excelsior..."
- Wrote a Review Guam is a shoppers paradise in Guam Shopping
- created a Guam Travel Page "Tropical paradise at 13 degrees North and 144 East"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tropical paradise at 13 degrees North and 144 East"
- Commented on one of frir's Guam travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Metz Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin 7 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göttingen Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Leipzig Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Greenwood Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Key West Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.