"A Few Days in the Okavango" Botswana by travelmad478
Botswana Travel Guide: 745 reviews and 2,379 photos
I spent three nights at Oddballs Camp in Botswana's Okavango Delta in October 2005. Because the area was experiencing a drought at the time, there wasn't enough water to do the mokoro (dugout canoe) tours that this region is known for. Instead, I did walking safaris with a guide on Chiefs Island, part of the national park. Even walking, the game viewing was excellent, although my photos aren't great because it's hard to get close to wildlife when you're on foot.
This photo was taken from the light aircraft that I used to get into the Delta from the city of Maun.
This is the big draw in the Okavango. I saw a lot of the same animals that I've seen in South Africa--elephants,... more travel advice
A mokoro is a dugout canoe, used by the people of the Okavango Delta to get around this wetland area. The specialty... more travel advice
travelmad478's Related Pages
Botswana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FLAT, FRIENDLY & FUN"
- "Okavango - Jewel of Africa"
- "Far from the madding crowd"
- "Might this be Eden?"
- "Botswana 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Botswana
- Hotels in Botswana
- Transportation in Botswana
- Nightlife in Botswana
- Restaurants in Botswana
- Shopping in Botswana
- Warnings and Dangers in Botswana
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Botswana
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Botswana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Botswana
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 26 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Doha Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Beirut Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 20 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue