"Taking a break in Drumnadrochit" Drumnadrochit by travelmad478
Drumnadrochit Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
One of my best friends and travel companions has a country home in Drumnadrochit, on the shores of Loch Ness. We stayed for a week at the house (pictured here), enjoying Scottish country life. The week revolved mainly around cooking in the house's super-cozy kitchen, taking care of a couple of the neighbors' dogs, and hiking around the glens nearby. It was a super-relaxing way to spend my holiday.
You can just see a scrap of Loch Ness in the background of this photo. The village of Drumnadrochit is (fortunately or unfortunately) the capital of the Loch Ness Monster tourist industry. Luckily, we were far enough away from the village to escape it.
This castle is fairly impressive as a ruin, but the steep entrance fee and the crowds of tourists crawling all over it... more travel advice
Stop in at the Moniack Castle vineyard for a tour, or just a tasting of their excellent fruit wines and preserves. I was... more travel advice
travelmad478's Related Pages
Drumnadrochit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taking a break in Drumnadrochit"
- "Loch Ness"
- "Nessie Sure Picked A Nice Place to Hang Out"
- "Monsters - Big Ones - Little Ones - Fuzzy Ones etc"
- "Nessie wasn't there."
- "For adults and children"
- "Gateway to Loch Ness"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Drumnadrochit
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Drumnadrochit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Drumnadrochit
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 26 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Doha Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Beirut Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 20 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue