Cape Town Restaurant Tips by travelmad478

Cape Town Restaurants: 329 reviews and 366 photos

Cape Town is very well...

Cape Town is very well supplied with restaurants. On my first trip, two of our favorites were Kaapse Tafel and Mama Africa. Kaapse Tafel is a small, intimate place serving Cape cuisine--we had some great fish there. The 'pan-African' food at Mama Africa is OK, but the real draw is the live bands. Another excellent restaurant experience I had in Cape Town on another trip was at Constantia Uitsig, which is in a small winery on the Cape about a half-hour from downtown. Go for lunch--the outdoor terrace is amazingly pleasant.

There are a lot of great foodie destinations in Cape Town. These change pretty rapidly, so do some research before you go! One of the top-rated spots now is One.Waterfront (very expensive!)

On my first trip to the city, we ate at a very glamourous place in Camps Bay called Blues, which had good food, a lot of cell phones, and not very attentive service. This is one common feature of quite a few places in Cape Town--a lot of flash, not so much satisfaction.

Favorite Dish: Not surprisingly, seafood is a central part of the menu in Cape Town. The fish in SA tends to be fantastic, so be sure to take advantage of it!

Rating: 0

Theme: Other

• Updated Feb 18, 2009
Wine country restaurants: ... - Cape Town
Wine country restaurants: ...

Wine country restaurants: I've had some of my top meals ever at the restaurants in the Western Cape wine region. My all-time favorite so far is <a href='http://www.metashop.co.za/wineroute/cabriere/restaurant.html'>Haute Cabriere</a> in Franschhoek. Last time I was in Cape Town, I had lunch at Tokara (Stellenbosch), pictured here. What a fabulous view!

Rating: 0

Theme: Other

• Written Aug 25, 2002

travelmad478

“You live once!”

Badges & Stats in Cape Town

Have you been to Cape Town?

Photos in Cape Town