"A sleepy post-colonial town" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by travelmad478
Georgetown Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 70 photos
I went to Guyana for bird-watching and had a great trip. Most of the time was spent in the interior at three different eco-lodges, but I also spent about two days in the capital, Georgetown.
- Pros:neat colonial architecture
- Cons:not a whole lot to do!
I ended up changing US dollars into Guyanan dollars at my hotel, which is something I almost never do. The only ATM at... more travel advice
The main commercial area in Georgetown centers around Regent Street and the streets just near it. You can buy more or... more travel advice
travelmad478's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to the Lost World"
- "A much too brief visit"
- "A sleepy post-colonial town"
- "busy and lively"
- "GUYANA'S CAPITAL , BEHIND A SEAWALL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Transportation in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 13 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 26 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Doha Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Khasab Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
- Beirut Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos