"Welcome to travelmad478's HomePage" travelmad478's Profile
You pass through places and places pass through you
But you carry 'em with you on the soles of your travellin' shoes
---The Be Good Tanyas, "The Littlest Birds Sing the Prettiest Songs"
Hello! I'm a very frequent traveler to points all over the developing and developed world, for both business and pleasure. It's a long slog, but I've finally gotten a few vacation pages built--just a fraction of the trips I've actually taken, so I'll keep working. Some of my business travel shots are on the "Where's Julie This Month?" travelogue on my Delaware page, and you can meet my late dog Ray and follow his travels too on "Where's Ray?". If you'd like to get the benefit of my experience regarding air travel, health, and dealing with money overseas, please check the "Travelmad's Travel Tips" album below.
I've lived in many places: the NJ shore, Ithaca (NY), Carmel Valley (CA), Washington DC, Moscow, Almaty and Taraz (Kazakhstan), Philadelphia (PA), and Wilmington and Hockessin (DE). I can help out with advice and information on any of these, and I'll do my best for the many other places I've visited. Go ahead, ask me something!
Quite a few people have asked me what kind of a job I have that takes me to all these places, so I may as well explain it right here. I work in asset management as an emerging markets equity analyst. What that means is that I am responsible for identifying companies in developing countries that my fund can invest in. Then I analyze their financial and business prospects to decide whether the shares will be a good place to put our clients' money. So I do a lot of traveling to these countries to speak with the company managements, tour their facilities, and so on. I am responsible for a number of regions (India and Pakistan, Africa, the Middle East, the former Soviet Union, Central Europe, and Turkey) and I also cover mining and paper companies in Brazil, Chile, Peru, and Mexico. It is really the most amazing job I can think of for a person that loves to travel--not only do I get to go to these places for work, I also get a massive amount of frequent flyer miles. Now I just need the time off to use them!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 710 Reviews
- 697 Photos
- 42 Countries
- 76 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Philadelphia (Non-Travel)..."
- Commented on AlperIst's profile page
- Wrote a Review Fruit! in Guyana Local Customs
- created a Guyana Travel Page "Guyana, a birder's delight"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Guyana, a birder's delight"
- travelmad478 and CatherineReichardt are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Travelmad's Travel Tips: Air Travel"
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 33 reviews, 26 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Doha Intro, 25 reviews, 23 photos
- Beirut Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 20 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos