"Geelong" Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong by Billy_26
Geelong Travel Guide: 318 reviews and 667 photos
The beautiful City of Geelong is positioned on the picturesque Corio Bay.
I am fortunate to have this view on my very doorstep and still stare almost every day in amazement.
The Bay has ever changing colours and the different Boats and Ships that pass by are a constant amusement.
At night when its dark outside, the twinkly lights come out to play.
The most special time is at Full Moon when moon casts shadows across the water. The magical Harvest Moon being the most spectacular.
Geelong was once the most important winegrowing area in Victoria in the 1860's. The vineyards were completely wiped out by a nasty bug (the root aphid Phylloxera Vastatrix to be precise) and economic factors and the winerys are now slowly being re-established to there former glory. The region is gaining a new awareness of fabulous food and wine.
A perfect base for travels along the coast.
Geelong is the starting point for one of the World's greatest coastal drives - The Great Ocean Road. I am "gunna" write more about this oneday.
Geelong is only 20 minutes drive from Bell's Beach, Queenscliffe & Barwon Heads.
Close to the River, Beach & Bush.
Geelong is Victoria's second biggest City, but don't let that put you off, it is just like a big country town. It is safe, laidback & friendly.
Geelong is presently undergoing an awakening and it is an exciting time to be travelling. The town and surrounds are being re-born.
A new multi lane freeway has been built, which makes the trip from Melbourne a short 45 minute drive (70Kms).
- In a nutshell:Friendly and laidback and situated on a beautiful bayfront
This place specialises in Huge Hot Potato's filled with all manner of things such as Coleslaw, Bolognaise, Garlic Butter... more travel advice
Traditional Woolen Products such as Sheepskin Car Seat Covers and the geelong wedding shoes LOL -"Uggies, Mocco's" more travel advice
Billy_26's Related Pages
Geelong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Geelong - My Home Town... er, City."
- "Sweetberry's "Geelong Page""
- "Geelong - The Jewel of a City on Corio Bay"
- "Geelong & Great Ocean Road, Victoria"
- "Gateway to the Great Ocean Road"
- "Keeweechic's Geelong, Victoria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geelong
- Hotels in Geelong
- Transportation in Geelong
- Nightlife in Geelong
- Restaurants in Geelong
- Shopping in Geelong
- Warnings and Dangers in Geelong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geelong
- 37 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 80 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Geelong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geelong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 37 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canberra Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand 5 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam 6 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok 5 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Geelong hotel reviews
- Chifley on the Esplanade
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Comfort Inn Parkside
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2013
- Mercure Geelong
- 423 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Best Western Geelong Motor Inn & Serviced Apartments
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Four Points by Sheraton Geelong
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Comfort Inn Eastern Sands
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 8, 2013
- Comfort Inn Bay City
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013