"great changbai shan" Changbai Shandi by yangshu
Changbai Shandi Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 17 photos
Changbai shan is a sleeping volcano, and its last eruption occurred several hundred years ago. This led to a plateau forming on top of the mountain and, over the years, water gradually filled the volcanic opening. Due to its mountaintop location, people started calling it Lake of Heaven. The lake is about 13 square kilometers in size and about 200 meters deep on verage, with the deepest point, 373 meters.
Local legend has it that there is a monster living in the lake, and that people can often see it swimming there. Over the years, this put off some visitors.
The dense forest there is a large variety of plant species on the muntainside, different kinds of plants from the Temperate Zone and the Frigid Zone. the birch is the most beautiful tree in the fall.
yangshu's Related Pages
Changbai Shandi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Changbai Shandi
- Hotels in Changbai Shandi
- Restaurants in Changbai Shandi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changbai Shandi
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Changbai Shandi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changbai Shandi
Photos in Changbai ShandiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenyang Intro, 126 reviews, 165 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huanren Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Taonan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Ji'an Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Hailar Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Changbai Shandi Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Dandong Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chifeng Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Faku 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Manzhouli Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos