"Ji'an, the ancient capital of Koguryo Kingdom" Ji'an by yangshu
Ji'an Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 45 photos
the dynasty, Koguryo ruled over parts of northern China and the northern half of the Korean Peninsula from 37 BC to 668 AD. From han to tang dynasty, it was a relatively independent state and created rich and special culture. one of an imperial tombs, jiangjun tomb, was built up as the shape of pyramid, and inside the tombs, some elaborate wall paintings look like dunhuang style.
Guonei City, within the city of Ji'an, played the role of a supporting capital after the main Koguryo capital moved to Pyongyang. Wandu Mountain City, just on the back hill of the city, was a subsidiary capital when the state in war.
now, ji'an is a port city which trade with north korea. every morning, it has a train to korea and back afternoon. the goods imported from north korea are timber, ginseng and herbs.
on the way to yunfeng dam, i look across the yalu river, on the other side, the north korean side, there is a small... more travel advice
look down from the yunfeng dam, you will see a northern korea lamber factory. on the ground, a group of workers or... more travel advice
yangshu's Related Pages
Ji'an Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Gathering for Peace"
- "Ji'an, the ancient capital of Koguryo Kingdom"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ji'an
- Hotels in Ji'an
- Transportation in Ji'an
- Nightlife in Ji'an
- Restaurants in Ji'an
- Warnings and Dangers in Ji'an
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ji'an
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ji'an?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ji'an
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenyang Intro, 122 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huanren Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Taonan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Ji'an Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Hailar Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Changbai Shandi Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Dandong Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chifeng Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Faku 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Manzhouli Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos