"Shenyang On My Mind" yangshu's Profile
This merry-go-round in Zhongshan Park was removed 5 years ago. Long before, I and my friend, a professional photographer had taken a lots of photos of these horses and other facilities for kids. Later, we used the photos to make a serial of postcards to recall the memory of the past. We called the serial Shenyang on My Mind. It is also a constant photograph show in Whoop Bookstore.
every place, every city, every town, every muntain, every river, every building have the images that reflect its soul which the owner will show off and the visitor will look for.
when i got to yinkou, a little city by the sea of liaoning ne china, i find many white seagulls fly above the mouth of da liaohe river. that's a cloudy day, they flied from the water to the balcony of an old russian house. it's the soul of this city i found.
also, in my home town, shenyang, the images of soul is a unfinished skyscrape.
i travelled along yalu river, which is the border river between china and korea. just about 2 or 3 miles, same look people live in the same look mountain, but these two country. many korean had swam across the river to seek the good life in china. it said that many were sent back and killed.
the house with yellow face has been my familar neighbour. 6 months ago, i visited it again, and it had been replaced by the frame of a new complex.
shenyang has been a fort, a town, a capital, a battle field and a large factry. so, the buildings here are mixed with manchu style, qing style, japanese style, russian style, socialiam style and now modern style. what's modern style, i define it as destroying all the old style.
in late october, i visited the mountains in tanggou. all leaves falled except a kind of pine. the yellow leaves colored the brown mountains.
the stream was still flawing and give us the beautiful sound.
this year, the main job of the city is destroying the old and useless building. sometimes, it make the city more beautiful. however, those old style building disappear too.
on the wall, it signs an ads -- "sharen", a very pop medicine for getting cool in 1930 to 1940's. this area, we call it north market, has been the biggest market in old shenyang.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 262 Reviews
- 457 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 56 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Wrote a Review Walk Shenyang - Emperor Huangtaiji's Tomb in Shenyang Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk Shenyang - Emperor Huangtaiji's Tomb"
- yangshu and jayjayc are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Shenyang On My Mind"
- updated a Yichun Travel Page "A New City in Korean Pine Forest"
- Commented on Milan_chifeng's profile page
- Posted in Travel Vladivostok Forum "Re: Bus from Vladivostok to Beijing"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenyang Intro, 125 reviews, 160 photos, 1 travelogue
- Huanren Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Taonan Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Ji'an Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Hailar Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Changbai Shandi Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Dandong Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Chifeng Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Faku 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Manzhouli Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos