"Welcome to Wellingborough" Wellingborough by Raquelle
Wellingborough Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 47 photos
This is where I lived for 21 years. Wellingborough is a small market town located in the county of Northamptonshire.
Wellingborough is an Anglo-Saxon town in origin. The town gets its name from the 6th century Anglo-Saxon tribe which resided here. Their name was "Wendeling Burh".
In 1738 Wellingborough was devastated by fire. Over 200 homes were destroyed and the local towns people had to shelter in the church for safety.
The main work in the town was basket weaving, leather tanning and pillow lacemaking. Now only shoe manufacture is still in existance in the area.
International Waendel Weekend - A walking, cycling and swimming event based in Wellingborough, attracts both local... more travel advice
The price for a single room is around £85 per night excluding breakfast. The Hind Hotel was built in the 1600's. The... more travel advice
Raquelle's Related Pages
Wellingborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Wellingborough"
- "Home for now"
- "Wellingborough - Northamptonshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wellingborough
- Hotels in Wellingborough
- Transportation in Wellingborough
- Nightlife in Wellingborough
- Restaurants in Wellingborough
- Shopping in Wellingborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wellingborough
- 13 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 89 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Wellingborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wellingborough
Photos in WellingboroughSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Wellingborough Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Italy Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- York Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- France Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Spain Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Boston Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos