"Kawayala_Ash's new Plant City Page" Plant City by Kawayala_Ash

Plant City Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos

Shalam, everyone! I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to post a little something about the wonderful trip and stay we had in Plant City, Florida (a suburb of Tampa). The trip was a long and grueling 11+ hours!! The dogs were more frustrated than my husband and I, being they were cooped up together in the back seat for nearly half a day, with only a few tree and exercise breaks! For the most part, however, the trip was very enjoyable (at least for me, who didn't have to do all that driving!). I loved seeing new things, especially when we really started getting deep into Florida, further from Mississippi.

Well, it was inevitable that we should get lost! And, of course, it was at the bitter end of the drive, right on the outskirts of the city, that we did get lost. In fact, we wound up in St. Petersburg (where there are very friendly people, I might add). But, praise God, we finally made it to our parents' home. We were really happy to get in, too, especially being that the Sabbath had just begun (it was nighttime Friday when we finally made it in), so we could stretch out and rest.
We stayed for about a week there in Plant City, just fellowshipping and enjoying one another's company, really. Together we kept the weekly Sabbaths, Chanakah Sabbaths and the New Moon Sabbath as best we could.

The weather in that area was terrific for December! The air was fantastic: cool, but just under chilly, and humid, but not choking. Oh, it was fabulous. I really liked to get out into that air. We also visited my sisters and their children in Riverview, which is not even 14-16 miles from Plant City. It's about a 30 minute drive in "good" traffic. It's a nice little place, too. Although there isn't a great deal I can tell you about the area, I CAN tell you that you'll simply ADORE the climate. Shalam!

• Last visit to Plant City: Dec 2001
  • Intro Written Jan 13, 2002

Comments

Kawayala_Ash's Related Pages

Kawayala_Ash

“Qam YaSharAhLa!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Plant City

Have you been to Plant City?

Latest Activity in Plant City