"A medieval walled city, proudly Kurdish" Top 5 Page for this destination Diyarbakir by dabuwan
Diyarbakir Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 368 photos
Diyarbakir is the capital of a vast region in the South-East of Anatolia, close to the Syrian border, with a prevalent Kurdish population.
The climate in summer can be very hot (up to 50 C) and the landscapes are pretty desertic, with river Tigri being the main water supply.
There are a few interesting monuments and museums in the center, but in my opinion the main reasons to visit Diyarbakir are the impressive medieval City walls and the local Kurdish people and culture.
The river Tigri borders Diyarbakir and it is of vital importance for the city and for the whole region. In contrast with... more travel advice
The majority of Diyarbakir population is Kurdish and there have been a few troubles in the last decades due to the... more travel advice
dabuwan's Related Pages
Diyarbakir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A medieval walled city, proudly Kurdish"
- "a different world...barren,strange and...kurdish!"
- "Diyarbakir, "Land of Copper"."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Diyarbakir
- Hotels in Diyarbakir
- Transportation in Diyarbakir
- Nightlife in Diyarbakir
- Restaurants in Diyarbakir
- Shopping in Diyarbakir
- Warnings and Dangers in Diyarbakir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Diyarbakir
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Diyarbakir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Diyarbakir
Photos in DiyarbakirSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos