"An historical city at 2000 mt above sea level" Top 5 Page for this destination Erzurum by dabuwan
Erzurum Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 167 photos
Erzurum is the capital of the largest province in Eastern Anatolia. It is set on a plateau at almost 2000 mt of elevation, in a strategic position along the main routes.
Though the history of the city dates back to 6000 BC, the most important and finest monuments still present have been built between the 12th and the 17th century. Erzurum has been and still is an important religious center for Islam in Turkey.
Modern Erzurum is tidy and quiet, and the harsh climate ranges from cool in August (when I visited) to extremely cold in winter.
I've travelled through most of Turkey, but probably Erzurum is the most peculiar city I visited in this country. Maybe... more travel advice
This old hotel had for sure a certain faded elegance. There were standard rooms and also some suites with a few... more travel advice
dabuwan's Related Pages
Erzurum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Erzurum - Turkey's highest provincial capital"
- "maykal's new Erzurum Page"
- "An historical city at 2000 mt above sea level"
- "Erzurum - Arz -er- rum - ' The land of Rome'"
- "Erzurum - a two days journey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Erzurum
- Hotels in Erzurum
- Transportation in Erzurum
- Restaurants in Erzurum
- Warnings and Dangers in Erzurum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Erzurum
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Erzurum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Erzurum
Photos in ErzurumSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos