"The pearl of the Andaman" Ko Bulon Le by dabuwan
Ko Bulon Le Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 19 photos
Ko Bulon Le is the largest of the Ko Bulon archipelago, a group of islands in the Andaman sea, making part of the larger Phetra Islands National park.
I visited the island twice in 1994 and 1997 and not so much changed in between. The pristine beauty of the island is enchanting, snorkelling is excellent and it is an ideal place to relax.
Geographically, it is located 22 kms off the western coast of southern Thailand, not far from Malaysia, and it belongs to Satun province.
The only jump off point from the mainland is Pak Bara, a small village that can easily be reached from Trang.
Ko Bulon Le is the largest of the islands, it is sometimes advertised as "the pearl of the Andaman" and it has some limited tourist facilities. Accomodation on the island is limited and it is better to check in advance with the "travel agents" in Trang or at Pak Bara pier if there are some huts free (they can contact the island resorts with mobile phone).
The long sandy beach on the eastern coast of the island is ideal for a nice walk on the shore. Most of the beach is... more travel advice
The coral around Ko Bulon Le is abundant and lively. Take care while snorkelling not to scratch your chest on the reef,... more travel advice
dabuwan's Related Pages
Ko Bulon Le Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The pearl of the Andaman"
- "Discovering South Thailand"
- "Can U Stand A Week On Koh Bulon?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Bulon Le
- Hotels in Ko Bulon Le
- Transportation in Ko Bulon Le
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Bulon Le
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Bulon Le
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ko Bulon Le?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Bulon Le
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos