"A quiet capital town with its own taste." Chanthaburi by dabuwan
Chanthaburi Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 112 photos
Chanthaburi is the capital town of the homonymous province, about 270 kms east of Bangkok. It has an important history, because of the Thai patriotic war against the Burmese invaders and the French occupation at the end of the 19th century. The town center is amazingly french-vietnamese in style and taste.
River Chanthaburi crosses the town right through the center and it is the real heart of the urban life.
Chanthaburi is home to the largest catholic community in Thailand and there is a big Cathedral, built in french style, on the river banks.
The town is famous for tropical fruit production and for the active gem trade market.
During national holidays there are always some festivals organized in the Taksin Park. Besides the usual funfair... more travel advice
I could not retrieve any information about this small temple in Chanthaburi. It is quite different in style from other... more travel advice
dabuwan's Related Pages
Chanthaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I just love Chanthaburi"
- "Travelling alonE"
- "A quiet capital town with its own taste."
- "Banthad Refugee Camp"
- "Chanthaburi, Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chanthaburi
- Hotels in Chanthaburi
- Transportation in Chanthaburi
- Restaurants in Chanthaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chanthaburi
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Chanthaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chanthaburi
Photos in ChanthaburiSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos