"A laid back border town" Mae Sot by dabuwan
Mae Sot Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 13 photos
Mae Sot is a remote border town in Tak Province, north eastern Thailand.
The Moei river, a few kms from Mae Sot, marks the border between Thailand an Burma, but crossing is officially not allowed to foreigners.
No real reason to travel until here, unless you want to try to cross (illegally) into Myanmar or you want to have a glimpse of Burmese and Karen tribe culture, as there are many refugee camps and settlements around.
A lot of smuggling and drugs trafficking take place in the area, so take care. There is a vital gem market (smuggled in from Myanmar) in Mae Sot.
dabuwan's Related Pages
Mae Sot Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mae Sot
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Mae Sot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mae Sot
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos