"A popular island" Ko Samet by dabuwan
Ko Samet Travel Guide: 267 reviews and 639 photos
Ko Samet Island is located about 250 kms south-east of Bangkok, a few miles from the northern coast of the Gulf of Thailand, in Rayong province.
This nice place is part of a Marine National Park and there is a small fee to pay to enter the island; Ko Samet is very popular both with westerners and thai tourists and the north-eastern coast (where the most beaches and resorts are) can get pretty crowded sometimes.
Though it is not a real tropical paradise, it is still a beautiful, relaxed place and it is not far from Bangkok: a much better place than nearby awful Pattaya.
The coral around the island is not so lively; snorkelling, though always interesting, is not as good as around other thai islands.
Ko Samet is a popular destination and there are plenty of boats between Ban Phe pier (on the mainland, 22 kms from... more travel advice
Though Ko Samet is a pretty "dry" island (when compared to the rest of Thailand), the interiors of the island are quite... more travel advice
dabuwan's Related Pages
Ko Samet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A piece of paradise..."
- "11 Days of Heaven!"
- "Ko Samet-Idylic Isle South of Bangkok"
- "Beautiful island with a great resort on it."
- "Koh Samet"
- "Beautiful island near Bangkok"
- "a tropical island in Bangkok's backayard"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Samet
- Hotels in Ko Samet
- Transportation in Ko Samet
- Nightlife in Ko Samet
- Restaurants in Ko Samet
- Shopping in Ko Samet
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Samet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Samet
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ko Samet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Samet
Photos in Ko SametSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos