Danau Toba Off The Beaten Path Tips by dabuwan
Danau Toba Off The Beaten Path: 12 reviews and 12 photos
The thermal hot spring
Some dozens of kms south of Parapat, on the main road to/from Bukittinggi, there is a thermal spring with impressive calcareous formations.
Luckily we could manage to stop the bus here for an hour and have a pleasant evening bath in the hot water.
Haranggoal is a village on the northern shore of lake Toba.
It is not a tourist place, but many buses to northern Sumatra depart from here.
There is a busy market very popular with locals, where you'll find any kind of local goods.
It is a 3 hours journey by boat from Parapat or Samosir island.
More Reviews (7)
dabuwan's Related Pages
Danau Toba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Danau Toba : a dive in Batak country"
- "Spend at least one week here!!!!"
- "Horas - Danau Toba"
- "Kick back and meet the Toba people!"
- "Danau Toba Page"
- "Beberapa capung capung (a few dragonflies)"
- "A calm, large, deep, friendly lake."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Danau Toba
- Hotels in Danau Toba
- Transportation in Danau Toba
- Nightlife in Danau Toba
- Restaurants in Danau Toba
- Shopping in Danau Toba
- Warnings and Dangers in Danau Toba
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kendal Hotels
- Malolo Lailai Island Hotels
- Kununurra Hotels
- Plant City Hotels
Badges & Stats in Danau Toba
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Danau Toba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danau Toba
Photos in Danau TobaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Croatia Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Jordan Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sestri Levante Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Ko Bulon Le Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos