Bistra Favorite Tips by olja1234
Bistra Favorites: 8 reviews and 8 photos
Favorite thing: In these buildings you can see water driven machinery. The veneer sawmill, began its operations at the begin of 19 century (182..) and produced veneer until 1952 - more than hundred years.
Pavilion in Bistra
Favorite thing: If you decided to visit Bistra and its beauties I asure you, you won't regret. Not far away from Bistra, you'll find many interesting places worth to see.;
Source of Ljubljanica river
Pekel gorge near Borovnica
and more and more.....
Fondest memory: Wooden bridge
As I mention before, Bistra place lies on the marshland. that means they must built canals to drain the land. If you drive over our famous Ljubljansko barje, you'll see the places, where each house has its own bridge.
Inside water mill
Favorite thing: Water-mill. The photo is taken inside of the mill. You can see, how people in old times mill corn to get flour
They still say, that the flour from the good old water mills is much much better, then that milled on industrial way.
Favorite thing: Water-mill is one of the numerous exibit in Bistra.
If you decide to travel arround Slovenia, I am sure, you can still find such mills. Mostly they're out of order, but some of them still work. People keep them, to save our historical heritage.
Favorite thing: Museum is very popular and attractive destination for a short trips and also for school excursions. So It could be very lively during a school year there cos scholars visit Bistra and its museum at least ones during their schooling
Fondest memory: Museum collections include diverse technical fields:
and other collections
Model of the Museum
Favorite thing: Only 22 km from Ljubljana near Vrhnika, there is a village Bistra with its castle and Technical Museum of Slovenia
It is open from Tuesday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
On Sutardays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m
On Sundays and holidays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
On Mondays it's closed.
It's also closed in winter months:December, January and February
More Reviews (7)
olja1234's Related Pages
Bistra Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bistra
- 15 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bistra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bistra
Photos in BistraSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Monastir Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos
- Cividale del Friuli Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Zadar Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos
- Secovlje Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue