"BLED" Top 5 Page for this destination Bled by olja1234

Bled Travel Guide: 766 reviews and 1,826 photos

Lake Bled

I've visited Bled many times till now. But this time, it was a special occasion. Three young relatives of mine, got a fantastic award: Panoramic flight to Bled. You can imagine how exciting they were. I drove them to the Airport Lesce - Bled, gave them my camera and the adventure begun.

Coachman - "Fijaker"

Later, I drove them to the nearby Slovene gem Bled.

When you come to Bled don't miss an enjoyable ride to the Bled island with a special boat pletna, visit the old castle, the museum and the art galleries, or to ride around the lake in a horse-drawn carriage.

The Airport Lesce - Bled

A memorial photo, before their unforgottable flight.

The airport Lesce Bled is located in North-West part of Slovenia, only a few "air" kilometers from the border between Slovenia and Austria. It is just a few minutes driving by car to reach Bled.
Road connections to Austria and Italy are very good.

• Last visit to Bled: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 23, 2006

• dplesko's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Lijepo, svako toliko svratim...

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Hi Olga, nice page with beautiful photos! This is a place I really would like to visit. I did not know that there is only one island in Slovenia!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM

stunning place, great pictures, 1/2 way thru - question for you - is one man rowing all those tourists in the pletna boat or does it have a motor too? back later. n.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Truly gorgeous castles and scenery!

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM

A beautiful place, I have never heard of it. Thanks

• OH_DK's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Thanks for visiting my Bled page Olga - I'm glad you like it. I should make more Slovenia pages because I've been to your country so many times. I have good friends in Bled.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Nice page Olga, brought back good memories of our 2 night stay at Park Hotel in October 2005, row boat to island excellent.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Very interesting photos and tips. I've always wanted to visit Bled to see the historic sites. Now I want to go for the Cream Cake!

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 12:59 AM

These views are really breathtaking, what a beautiful place! And, thank you very much for the B-Day wishes, Olga.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Wow Olga! Too much to comment on here! Your pix are fantastic and every tip looks like an absolute adventure!! What a lovely page!! Enjoyed the read. Cheers, Ann :o)

olja1234