"KRANJ" Top 5 Page for this destination Kranj by olja1234

Kranj Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 170 photos

Kranj

The capital of Gorenjska region, is the town Kranj. It is the fourth largest town in Slovenia.
Kranj is only 24 km faraway from Ljubljana and I asure you, it is absolutely worth to visit Kranj.
Let me invite you to a short stroll through the old part of the town.

Statue of France Preseren

The Church of St. Kancijan - detail

• Last visit to Kranj: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I've just looked at the map to see where Kranj is. I think I must have gone through on the train once -- is there a railway line going through there? Too bad I never stopped there; the town looks very nice in your photos.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2008 at 2:19 AM

I feel ashamed that I never visited slovenija ; maybe this year...

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 1:42 PM

What an interesting Kranj page, Olga as always lots of great information. Nice photos too. Thanks for sharing.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 5:24 AM

Very informative page Olga. The photos are lovely, and really show the interesting history of this amazing city. I hope they preserve the wells, they are a big part of Slovenian history. Thanx for your visit Olga. ;-)

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 7:22 PM

Kranj is a nice and lovely town, thanks for sharing! We have a place called Kranji in Singapore, see my VT kranji page if you are interested :)

• Feb 5, 2006 at 8:56 AM

Hi Olga, Beautiful pictures and info. on Kranj. Thank you. I am learning alot about your side of the globe! Wishing you a good week ahead.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 1:56 PM

Kranj looks interesting, Thanks for sharing, Olga !!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 6:42 AM

I love all the emphasis on architecture. This is a very informative, interesting, helpful group of pages, Olga. Impressive town; your comments are insightful.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 4:58 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Mkuze Game Reserve page & happy that you enjoyed the animal pics. Lovely little page on Kranj Olga. Hugs. Lori.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2005 at 8:05 AM

It looks like an interesting city to visit. The memory of France Preseren adds to the interest. Very good page, Olga ! Thanks for sharing !

olja1234