"KRANJ" Top 5 Page for this destination Kranj by olja1234

Kranj Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 216 photos

The capital of Gorenjska region, is the town Kranj. It is the fourth largest town in Slovenia.
Kranj is only 24 km faraway from Ljubljana and I asure you, it is absolutely worth to visit Kranj.
Let me invite you to a short stroll through the old part of the town.

Statue of France Preseren

The Church of St. Kancijan - detail

• Last visit to Kranj: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I've just looked at the map to see where Kranj is. I think I must have gone through on the train once -- is there a railway line going through there? Too bad I never stopped there; the town looks very nice in your photos.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2008 at 2:19 AM

I feel ashamed that I never visited slovenija ; maybe this year...

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 1:42 PM

What an interesting Kranj page, Olga as always lots of great information. Nice photos too. Thanks for sharing.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 5:24 AM

Very informative page Olga. The photos are lovely, and really show the interesting history of this amazing city. I hope they preserve the wells, they are a big part of Slovenian history. Thanx for your visit Olga. ;-)

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 7:22 PM

Kranj is a nice and lovely town, thanks for sharing! We have a place called Kranji in Singapore, see my VT kranji page if you are interested :)

• Feb 5, 2006 at 8:56 AM

Hi Olga, Beautiful pictures and info. on Kranj. Thank you. I am learning alot about your side of the globe! Wishing you a good week ahead.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 1:56 PM

Kranj looks interesting, Thanks for sharing, Olga !!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 6:42 AM

I love all the emphasis on architecture. This is a very informative, interesting, helpful group of pages, Olga. Impressive town; your comments are insightful.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 4:58 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Mkuze Game Reserve page & happy that you enjoyed the animal pics. Lovely little page on Kranj Olga. Hugs. Lori.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2005 at 8:05 AM

It looks like an interesting city to visit. The memory of France Preseren adds to the interest. Very good page, Olga ! Thanks for sharing !

“world is great”