"Kropa" Kropa by olja1234
Kropa Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 76 photos
Kropa is located at the bottom of amphitheatre, created by the slopes of Jelovica. It is accessible either from the north from Radovljica past Lancovo, from the east from Kranj past Podnart, or from the south from Drazgose past the village Jamnik. The place got its name Kropa upon steep mountain stream, which is on his way through the settlement like o boiling water in a pot. "Krop" means boiling water.
Kropa has more than five hundred years old ironwork tradition.
The working of the applicable productsis is industrial nowadays. In Kropa there is still a workshop preserved original centuries long tradicion of the smithery craft.
Actually there is no tourist traps. I haven't noticed anyone, at my visit to Kropa. This narrow street is ended at the... more travel advice
Even a frame for painting can be made of iron by those diligent craftsmen. What do you think? For me, still life... more travel advice
olja1234's Related Pages
Kropa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kropa, off the beaten path place"
- "slovenian heartland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kropa
- 23 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Kropa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kropa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Monastir Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos
- Cividale del Friuli Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Zadar Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos
- Secovlje Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue