Burano Things to Do Tips by olja1234 Top 5 Page for this destination
Burano Things to Do: 97 reviews and 189 photos
And how to get to Burano? Definetely by boat. We rented a boat for the whole day, and visited Burano, Murano and Torcello. Captain of the boat and his assistant did all the best to have a great time, including italian songs, they sang for us.
Burano is the place where you can find dollies, table linens or wedding dress. The place is known for lace making, but hand made laces are pretty hard to find and the're very expensive. Many items in the shops are machine-made.
If you haven't spent your souvenir budget, here is the place to do this. Shops are full of all kind of goods you can imagine. Very popular are masks, made of ceramics.
On the photo: one of the souvenir's shops
with laundrey above.
Worth to visit the church of S. Martin, while being to Burano. You can admire there the "Crocifissione" a painting made by G. B. Tiepolo.
On the photo: the square with the church.
Bright colours painted houses again. The road was very quiet, it was at midday and pretty hot, so may be people had siesta.
We visited one of the restaurants and tasted the most appreciated the "Risotto" with "nero di seppia" - heavenly.
Main street in Burano. Very lively, with souvenier shops, door to door, and outdoor restaurants and caffee shops. When you get tired, browsing the shops is tiring as well, do sit down in one of the restaurants and have a nice capuccino - Italian's is the best in the world.
The second traditional occupation of the "Buranelli" is lacemaking. A "must see" attaction of Burano is the Museo del Merletto, or Lace Museum in the old Scuola di Merletti or lacemaking school.
Fishing is one of the traditional occupations of the "Buranelli". It is worth tasting in one of the many restaurants of the island, the typical local dishes, all made with fish.
Everywhere you look, you,ll see houses clad in blue, green, pink, rose, lavender, purple, yellow and other colours. And because Burano's houses tend to be small, the island has a cheerful coziness.
Just like Murano, Burano was founded from refugees of Altino. Its located in the centre of Venice lagoon.
Full works of art, Burano attracts and amazes for the bright gaudy colours, for the typical language of inhabitants and for its numerous legends.
olja1234's Related Pages
Burano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burano – colour your soul"
- "Burano - land of thousands colours"
- "United Colours of ....Burano!"
- "Burano - Colourful Little Island of the Lagoon"
- "Colourful Burano"
- "Bold, Beautiful, But Buggy, Burano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burano
- Transportation in Burano
- Nightlife in Burano
- Restaurants in Burano
- Shopping in Burano
- Warnings and Dangers in Burano
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tsuen Wan
- Lago di Santa Croce Hotels
- Mayrhofen Hotels
- West Virginia
- Kaoh Pao Hotels
- Wollmesheim Hotels
Badges & Stats in Burano
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Burano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burano
Photos in BuranoSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ljubljana Intro, 51 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gouvernorat de Monastir Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos
- Cividale del Friuli Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos, 6 travelogues
- Zadar Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos
- Secovlje Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue