"Jen in Amsterdam !!" Amsterdam by jenniferchin
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,383 reviews and 21,831 photos
Amsterdam is a cool city - filled with cosmopolitan people with an intergal mishmash haven of all opposites. I walked around Amsterdam starstrucked ~ great to hear all sorts of languages around you and seeing all sorts of people milling by.
I like this picture of the clock on the wall. This was taken in a restaurant in the Centraal Station (the Main station) where we had coffee. We had just gotten into Amsterdam and was looking for some info and maps to move around. I remember sitting, nursing my latte and thinking to myself "Wow .... here I am in Amsterdam !! Finally !!"
Here is a summary of what I remember of my time in Amsterdam (in no particular order) :
1. Meeting VTer Imaniac @ Roy for a quick dinner in a cosy indonesian restaurant ;
2. Meeting my Malaysian friend, Ray, for a cool dinner and drinks. So far, I have been consistently meeting up with him whenever I am in Europe (grand total of 2 times now .. pfff !!) :-)
3. Amsterdam has a certain charm about her ~ a very relaxed but busy atmospere ~ I like it. Encourages one to just walk and wander about the little streets.
4. How expensive parking is here (now *that* is a whole new tale on its own .. but I will not start it here)
5. Of course I was curious about the Red Light Area and made it a point to stay there. What can I say ? I adore the hectic and crowded little walkways, whilst oggling at the people and the girls at the windows in the crowd of the electic mix of people there. Oh, there is quite a varied choice of restaurants there as well.
6. Enjoy the view of canals, roads and trams in one view.
7. Nearly getting killed by bicycles !! I was totally *not* prepared for that
8. There is more .. sooonnn..
We were waiting for the Rijks museum to open as we were either early or have not had our caffeine shots for the morning.... more travel advice
This restaurant was near the Old Quarter. A glance at its menu and at its prices, made us making a mental note to have a... more travel advice
jenniferchin's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lanta Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues