"Jennifer's Ko Lanta" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lanta by jenniferchin

Ko Lanta Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 420 photos

Back in Lanta !

December 2009

When I decided to return to Thailand this time around, I knew I had to return to Lanta.
But this time, things were a little different.
Decided to explore Lanta proper
Found some incredible beaches off the beaten track
Spent some time in the national park
Finally went to the Hammock House and bought some hammocks

Its still wonderfully chilled here :))

Til my next trip ...

December 2005
Lanta did not let me down ... yes, she was a little more crowded than before .. but her charm and smile is definitely there :-)

Summary of trip

This time I was with Kay, Sharon and Mei Ling. We met up with Anna, Leah, Phil and Iss and had a fantastic time there ! The hour long boat ride from Phi Phi island was much anticipated by me .... trying to see if I can remember my way there (hahaha !!). Our first night was somewhere very far away and on a beach filled with jagged wicked rocks. The next night onwards, we settled into a quaint family-run establishment, at the end of Phra Ae beach. It was then 4 days of bliss and fun - filled with sleeping in hammocks, enjoying the sunsets, making new friends, eating yummy local thai food and oggling at cute guy(s) :-))

There is something wonderful about sharing something you love with like-minded people. For me, it was introducing Ko Lanta to my fellow-travellers whom I interact on a regular basis and letting them see how beautiful it is. So, I must say that I am very grateful to MeiLing, Sharon and Kay for coming along with me on this trip :-) The experiences, good and not-so-good are always treasure and remembered, and will always spur me to keep on coming here.

My meeting with Anna was so cool .. we have been friends for so long here on VT and been planning to meet oh since forever. This time, the stars were aligned and we finally met :-) I totally adored the anticipation of meeting, the frequent exchange of crazy emails and sms-es ("Where are you ? We are in Lanta already waaaaaaaaaa !!!"). Both Anna and Leah are such cool gals !! Hope to meet with them again soon :-)

Ahhh .. Phil_uk_net ... one of my earliest friends in VT. A totally gentleman with a wicked sense of humour, I am always hoping to catch him whenever I pass by Hat Yai or on my way to an island in the south. This time, he was there with his partner, Iss, and joined us all in our crazy sessions :-) Oh gawd, I hope we did not shock you too much, Phil ! :-p

December 2003
Life here is just so laid back and relaxing. I was here for 4 nights. Ushered in new year's here.

29 December 2004
I was here exactly a year ago. So many events have happened since. The worst being the tragedy that awashed South and South East Asian countries. I worry about the kind and welcoming people in Lanta I met then. I don't know. I hope they are alright.

Some good news ! Read some positive news about the state of Ko Lanta after the tsunami. Apparently its not too shooked up !! Am glad and smiling abit now :-) -11 January 2005-

• Last visit to Ko Lanta: Dec 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2009

jenniferchin

“Travel travel .. always travel :-)) Change is indeed GOOD !”

Badges & Stats in Ko Lanta

Have you been to Ko Lanta?

Latest Activity in Ko Lanta