"Jennifer's short stop at Ko Phi Phi" Ko Phi Phi Don by jenniferchin
Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide: 490 reviews and 1,399 photos
This time around I managed to explore Phi Phi :
Crowded and lots of jostling about when wandering about the little isle
The view from Lo Dalam Bay is freaking amazing (!!)
Was a little too noisy for me, but its an utterly charming place to be
Our boat from Ratsada pier in Phuket stopped in Ko Phi Phi for about an hour, on our way to Ko Lanta. Good timing, as we were all very hungry (no breaktfast yet !!). We hopped off the boat and trooped along looking for a decent place to have some food. Strangely, we just continued walking and walking away from the masses of people, lured by the stunning clear blue skies and cool island breeze .. and the OMG scenic vistas :-). We came across a very friendly and open restaurant and immediately decided to have local food and cool refreshing freshly-squeezed fruit juices. Of course the food was excellent, augmented by our hunger pangs, and we ate too much (sign of a good holiday). After that delicious meal, we walked back to the pier to continue of journey to Ko Lanta.
Personally, I was quite excited about this stop as I have never actually been on the island .. just saw it from afar 2 years ago. So I finally got my glimpse of this beautiful island .. ravaged by tsunami, the resilience of the Thai people never fails to amaze me .. the island is nearly back to its pre-tsunami days with finishing touches of construction here and there. And she is welcomes us all again :-)
I did not go to Ko Phi Phi, although my initial plan was to base myself there. After encountering a bunch of loud beer drinking young tourists who were on their way to Ko Phi Phi, I changed my plan and headed onwards to Ko Lanta.
I managed to take some pictures from afar, though. So, as the ferry went passed Ko Phi Phi, I silently waved farewell for now. I shall return & explore it one fine day :-)
jenniferchin's Related Pages
Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Local are still struggling for their life"
- "Phi Phi Island - Hidden Jewel in the Andaman Sea"
- "Phi Phi Islands"
- "Beautiful Ko Phi Phi Islands"
- "Phi Phi & Khai Island"
- "An island paradise(lost?)"
- "Where Are You Going? To The Beach!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Transportation in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Nightlife in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Shopping in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phi Phi Don
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Don
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Don
Photos in Ko Phi Phi DonSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lanta Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues