"Jennifer's short stop at Ko Phi Phi" Ko Phi Phi Don by jenniferchin

Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide: 491 reviews and 1,401 photos

Jen in Phi Phi

December 2009

This time around I managed to explore Phi Phi :
Crowded and lots of jostling about when wandering about the little isle
The view from Lo Dalam Bay is freaking amazing (!!)
Was a little too noisy for me, but its an utterly charming place to be

December 2005

Our boat from Ratsada pier in Phuket stopped in Ko Phi Phi for about an hour, on our way to Ko Lanta. Good timing, as we were all very hungry (no breaktfast yet !!). We hopped off the boat and trooped along looking for a decent place to have some food. Strangely, we just continued walking and walking away from the masses of people, lured by the stunning clear blue skies and cool island breeze .. and the OMG scenic vistas :-). We came across a very friendly and open restaurant and immediately decided to have local food and cool refreshing freshly-squeezed fruit juices. Of course the food was excellent, augmented by our hunger pangs, and we ate too much (sign of a good holiday). After that delicious meal, we walked back to the pier to continue of journey to Ko Lanta.

Personally, I was quite excited about this stop as I have never actually been on the island .. just saw it from afar 2 years ago. So I finally got my glimpse of this beautiful island .. ravaged by tsunami, the resilience of the Thai people never fails to amaze me .. the island is nearly back to its pre-tsunami days with finishing touches of construction here and there. And she is welcomes us all again :-)

December 2003

I did not go to Ko Phi Phi, although my initial plan was to base myself there. After encountering a bunch of loud beer drinking young tourists who were on their way to Ko Phi Phi, I changed my plan and headed onwards to Ko Lanta.

I managed to take some pictures from afar, though. So, as the ferry went passed Ko Phi Phi, I silently waved farewell for now. I shall return & explore it one fine day :-)

• Last visit to Ko Phi Phi Don: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2009

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 1:46 AM

Ahhh, but for every all male one, there is probably an all female one too, which takes away some of the competition!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2004 at 4:40 PM

I go Phi Phi. It has one of the best bathrooms in southern Thailand.

• mrdreameruk's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 12:40 PM

Hi I was lucky enough to visit phi phi, it was really nice ,my only regret it was only a day trip, next time I will stay there. Lovely and entertaining reading-Clive

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 12:38 AM

Brilliant photo s***** !!......have you been on a boat when taking this photo? ....

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2004 at 7:37 AM

The place looks nice on your pic, at least I can't see any drinking beer, loud young tourists there :-)

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2004 at 9:42 PM

UR right, Jennifer, ever since that Leonardo guy came, Phi Phi ain't the same.... Cheers..

• R.Dettmann's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2004 at 4:54 PM

yeah check it out anouther day. You'll also find some quiet spots...

jenniferchin

“Travel travel .. always travel :-)) Change is indeed GOOD !”

Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Don

Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?

Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Don