"Jen in Ayutthaya" Ayuthaya by jenniferchin
Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 730 reviews and 2,406 photos
There is this air of calm and peace when walking around the ruins. The air filled with whispers, sights of colours, heaven-reaching chedis, smiling Buddhas and lots of bricks. Frangipani trees line the area, giving it a very pretty and, again, calming look.
So I took a bike taxi from Sukhumvit to Mo Chit Chai. It was a long ride and my face was a little numb after the ride :-) Mo Chit Chai is the northern bus station, near the famed Chatuchak market. As it was the day before the last day of 2006, the bus terminal was FILLED with people, mostly locals, heading home, I guess. I was lucky, the bus to Ayutthaya was waiting for me at Platform 113. Hopped on it, and we were off.
At the drop off point in Ayutthaya, I found myself in sort of a middle-of-nowhere place, alike an empty ghost town - dusty, HOT and quiet. But my eyes got used to the scorching sun, I see that there were reliable bike taxis around and, of course, a 7-11 nearby. Big smile. I will be fine here :-)
In summary, I went to the glorious Wat Phra Si Sanphet, the quiet Wat Phra Ram opposite and the very impressive and beautiful Wat Chai Wattanaram nearby.
After the wat visits, I got into a tuk tuk and made my way to the train station. Well, what can I say ? I love this station - its all white walls and dark brown blackish wood. Simple seats for everyone. A golden bell, which the station master rings whenever a train is arriving. Very romantic !
jenniferchin's Related Pages
Ayuthaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Ancient City Glimpse..."
- "AYUTTHAYA -Fascinating Link with the Past"
- "The Ancient City of Ayutthaya"
- "Ayutthaya - Ancient City - A world heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayuthaya
- Hotels in Ayuthaya
- Transportation in Ayuthaya
- Nightlife in Ayuthaya
- Restaurants in Ayuthaya
- Shopping in Ayuthaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayuthaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ayuthaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayuthaya
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lanta Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues