"A nice quiet weekend away from the city" Pulau Tioman by jenniferchin
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide: 439 reviews and 1,039 photos
Tioman is a beautiful but fast fading memory for me now.
...but I will always remember how gorgeous and tranquil it was in my many little trips there...
I remember how my 1st trip got started.
So I was ranting to Mizzzy about work and being tired and bored bla bla bla, and asked her why dont we just go somewhere for a weekend, but can't be too far off as we both could not take *any* leave from work. After coordinating schedules, we decided to just go for ONE weekend - Friday nighter bus after work and back to KL on Monday morning - straight in to work.
So *big smile*, we both started dreaming and plotting about where we could go. Perennial favourites, the Perhentian islands was first choice, but both of us chorused "Too farrrrrr !!! 9 hours in a bus .. ufffffff". Perhentians - cancel (for this time).
So she asked me where I wanted to go, where I haven't been ..etc. And I thought, lets do Tioman. I havent been there and have heard good things about that place. Yes yes. After we checked logistics and accommodation options, it was a no brainer - we had to go !
Well, in short we did nothing but relax and indulge in pancakes and seafood (not together, of course) and did lots of reading.
I brought along Bruce Chatwin's "What am I doing here ?". I have seen this book in Border's for the longest time, and me am always curious and intrigued by the title. In one of my trips to the bookstore, I just bought it. But I did not read it immediately. Maybe I was not suppose to read it then :-)
This gorgeous collection of mosaic of travelogues, profiles, semi-fictionalized stories and fragments is an endless feast, rich in small discoveries and larger perceptions of the world - india, hong kong, afghanistan, california, china, benin, algeria ... and also eccentricly quiant stories about the hoity toity art world (at the height of his Sotheby's stint, he was an art auctioneer and later the youngest director of the impressionism department ..quitting it all at 26 years old .. to travel and write).
Such a book. I am still dazzled + breathless ... still lapsing into my dreamworld where I see the things and experience the high lows of the Journey. I am still dreaming. :-)
Sort of secluded beach with yellow/brown sand. I didnt really like it cos I am happy with the nice fine whitish sand... more travel advice
jenniferchin's Related Pages
Pulau Tioman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nearest paradise from Singapore - Tioman Island"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU TIOMAN"
- "Pulau Tioman"
- "Pulau Tioman - A Rustic Paradise"
- "PULAU TIOMAN"
- "The resting place for Dragon!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Tioman
- Hotels in Pulau Tioman
- Transportation in Pulau Tioman
- Nightlife in Pulau Tioman
- Restaurants in Pulau Tioman
- Shopping in Pulau Tioman
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Tioman
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Tioman
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pulau Tioman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Tioman
- updated a Pulau Tioman Travel Page "A nice quiet weekend away from the city"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A nice quiet weekend away from the city"
- Wrote a Review Monkey Bay in Pulau Tioman Things to Do
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Mystery City Game"
- Commented on one of dabuwan's Pulau Tioman travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lanta Intro, 25 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (183)
Latest Pulau Tioman hotel reviews
- Paya Beach Resort
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Salang Pusaka Resort
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- JapaMala Resort
- 194 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Bagus Place Retreat
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Bamboo Hill Chalets
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Tioman Paya Resort
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Minang Cove Resort
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Panuba Inn Resort
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Salang Indah Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Salang Sayang Resort
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013