"guybert's new Flint page" Flint by guybert

Flint Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 4 photos

Went through Flint in the summer of 93!

Actually without trying to insult anyone that lives there, the impression that I got from staying there one night as we were passing through is not a very good one. It started out that we got to a Motel 6 and as I payed for the room, the receptionist at the desk gave me the carbon copies after passing the card through & advised me that I should destroy them promply. We get to the room & their was a large sign in front of every door advising you to make sure you do not leave anything in your vehicle overnight. As you get in the room & close the door, they have another large sign on the inside of the door advising you to lock & chain the door once you get in.
We also went to a department store down the street and realized that we were the only (white) folks in their. I had to show an arms lenght of ID to cash a travellers check for what we were buying. We then got out of there & went to Pizza Hut for supper & they actually refused to let us pay for supper with a travellers check. They advised they take CASH ONLY. I always thought that travellers checks were as good as cash? Well, between the two of us we got enough money together to pay for supper & headed back to the room for the night.
As you can probably tell, I hardly slept a wink that night & come morning I was sure glad to get the he.. out there! To this day, if anyone talks to me about Flint, I advise as far as I'm concerned, it's the ASHOLE of the world (as the saying goes).

P.S. I didn't take any pictures either.

---SORRY FOR ANYONE FROM FLINT THAT I MAY HAVE OFFENDED--I'm sure some of the people are very nice, but I'm not ever going to stop there again !!

• Intro Written Jul 7, 2000

guybert

“Got the travelin bug!!!”

Badges & Stats in Flint