"guybert's World page!!!" guybert's Profile

Lynda & I got married in September of 1999. We had been going out (very seriously) for 5 years prior to that. Her job was almost two hours away from where I was living, so we had what you would call a long distance relationship. It took 5 long years of patiently waiting for her to get a transfer, but it finally paid off & she moved to Winnipeg in the summer and we got married that September.
What we decided on when we lived in different towns was that we would take winter holidays down south (Mexico) to get some QUALITY time together away from everything. We called them our pre-honeymoons! Well, we've had four (pre-honeymoons) & then finally in Febuary of 2000 we had the official honeymoon.
We've gotten so accustomed to honeymooning down south that we don't plan on stopping with the tradition now just because we're married & have gone on the official honeymoon already. We plan on taking our yearly trips wherever we end up going and we'll probably still classify them as honeymoons! Maybe we'll have to call them our honeymoon (the sequel)?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*For MAZATLAN info & pics, check out my MEXICO Travelogues and my MAZATLAN Pages.
Anyone needing Mazatlan info can also E-Mail us at GUYKO@SHAW.CA

* Done working on my ACAPULCO Pages (for now).

* My MEXICO / PUERTO VALLARTA & NUEVO VALLARTA pages are also done---FINALLY GOT THEM FINISHED (till next trip to Mexico)!
Finished my CANCUN / PLAYA del CARMEN / COSUMEL pages in April 02.

* My BARBADOS Pages have been completed unless I can come up with more old pictures.

* Will keep adding onto my WINNIPEG Pages as I come up with more pics & info.

* Will fill in more CANADIAN locations as time permits!
-----OTTAWA pages are now done (I think?)
-----VANCOUVER pages are finally done.
-----EDMONTON pages are also completed.
-----JASPER & BANFF pages have been completed.
-----CLEAR LAKE pages have just been finished.
-----HALIFAX pages have also been put together.

* My USA locations will be done in the fall once I locate my pictures & get some free time.
-----FLINT page is completed. (the kind of trip you don't want to have taken)
********

New addition to the family!

Here is the latest addition to our family. Lynda has wanted a dog for a few years now & I've been telling her that if we want to travel, we cannot be tied down with a dog that cannot stay at home by itself. So we compromized, instead of a dog we got?????????(see pic)
You don't have to feed it, bath it or find a kennel when you head out traveling.
P.S. I thought I did pretty good on that one. Maybe it's just a mid-life crisis thing from turning "50"?

Another new addition to the family!

This new addition is very exciting for me seeing as it makes me a grandpa. I would like to introduce my first grandchild Haley who was born June 25th 04. Daughter to Krista & Claude(see Mazatlan wedding in Travel Pages).

Haley at just over a year old!

Haley at 22 months!

• Intro Updated Nov 11, 2006

• hayward68's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Happy Birthday Guy! Hope life is going well for you :-)

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Happy Birthday - have a great day. What a delightful little granddaughter you have.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2008 at 5:33 AM

Hi Guy! A very Merry Christmas and my best wishes for a healthy, happy and travel packed 2009! Hugs Simone :-)

• jedd43's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Haley is a beauty! You must be a happy pappy!

• gogonicetrip's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 12:00 AM

Hi Guy Wishing you a wonderful birthday. Greetings from Japan. Masa

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Happy Birthday to you & enjoy your day. :-)

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Hey Guy, Happy Birthday! Today should be the day to go to the Forks for a birthday dinner! I looked at your Northern States travel locations; for some reason we've been to all the same places you have.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 5:30 AM

From one grandparent to another, I wish you a marvelous birthday from Chicago.

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 12:51 AM

Have a fantastic birthday. Like your new bike. Beautiful Grand daughter too. Enjoy your day.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 11:13 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
guybert's Profile Photo

guybert

“Got the travelin bug!!!”

Real Name