"Brooklyn, a city of neighborhoods" Brooklyn by penpoison
Brooklyn Travel Guide: 359 reviews and 760 photos
The one thing I have to admit about NYC is that it is a city full of neighborhoods. In such a small amount of space, there is such an incredible mix of people. I guess an example for me is food.
1. Where in brooklyn can you get a really good roti (Caribbean curry wrap)? Flatbush
2. pierogies (Polish dumplings): Greenpoint and Williamsburg
3. borscht: Brighton Beach
4. hot dog: Coney Island
5. pizza (personally Fulton ferry landing), this is one area that people feel very strongly about but some feel Bay Ridge (site for that famous movie, Saturday Night Fever), Bensonhurst, etc.
6. vietnamese and chinese: Sunset Park (the Brooklyn chinatown) though another one is slowly forming around Avenue U
Did I mention that the city is so dynamic that the neighborhoods change from one decade to another? :-)
- Pros:Diversity, history, culture, etc.
- In a nutshell:Every where I go in the world, I always meet someone who's been here or has relatives here :-)
This invasive species from China has quickly taken over the urban environment. Some people consider it a threat to the... more travel advice
penpoison's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: LGA to Bryant Park / using..."
- updated a Brooklyn Travel Page "Brooklyn, a city of neighborhoods"
- Commented on one of eugini2001's Brooklyn travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Some brooklyn pics"
- Wrote a Review Ailanthus altissima (Tree of Heaven) in Brooklyn Local Customs
Photos in BrooklynSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Rochelle Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Davenport Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estado do Amazonas Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brooklyn Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 3 travelogues
- Olinda Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Astoria Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos