"Two days before an election" Phnom Penh by penpoison
Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,517 reviews and 4,009 photos
When I first made my travel arrangements, I didn't realize that I was going to Cambodia two days before an election. When I first arrived there there was a lot of traffic with the three parties campaigning. With all the hoopla it was not a very peaceful day. I think I even saw a smoke bomb outside one of the hotels. Luckily the next day it was very quiet and the election went off without a hitch. Though at the time, I met an expat or two who were planning to leave the city for a few days just to avoid the possible riots. I might also add the Colin Powell was in Cambodia 2 weeks before I arrived to pressure the Cambodians to run a clean election.
penpoison's Related Pages
Phnom Penh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pardon Phnom Penh"
- "A City of Contrasts"
- "Phnom Penh Cambodia"
- "Phnom Penh"
- "Kingdom of Cambodia's Capitol City"
- "Images of Phnom Penh"
- "A stop on the way"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phnom Penh
- Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Transportation in Phnom Penh
- Nightlife in Phnom Penh
- Restaurants in Phnom Penh
- Shopping in Phnom Penh
- Warnings and Dangers in Phnom Penh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Phnom Penh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phnom Penh
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Rochelle Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Davenport Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estado do Amazonas Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brooklyn Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 3 travelogues
- Olinda Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Astoria Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos