"Dillard, Georgia Adventures" Dillard by Hey_icu

Dillard Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos

Fort Lauderdale, FL/Dillard, GA (part 2)

We drove to the border of TN/GA to find Dillard nestled in the Smoky Mountains. What a culture shock after being at the beach for a week, but it didn't take long for us to adapt. We love the mountains.
We met up with our daughters and set out to enjoy another week of vacationing. We drove to a little town named Helen, GA. A must see if you ever find yourself near northern GA. We spent an entire day in The Factory located in Franklin, TN. They have putt-putt, bowling, arcade games and a batting cage just to name a few.
We went waterfall exploring. My favorite are the ones you can see from the road, but they always talk me into a "short" hike. Highway 64 has some beautiful falls!
We did some antique shopping which only convinced my husband that he should never get rid of anything. It could be valuable one day.
One of my favorite finds was a puzzle store in Dillard. Great sales doesn't mean save money. It means spend more money than you thought you ever would.
We drove over to Gatlinburg for lunch one day. Talk about eat and run. We had enough time to go into maybe 3 store before we were ushered back to the car. But the views are breath taking. We love the mountains. I already said that though.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery.
  • In a nutshell:We love the mountains!
  • Last visit to Dillard: Jul 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 27, 2003

Comments

Hey_icu

“Relaxation”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Dillard

Have you been to Dillard?

Latest Activity in Dillard