"Hello from NARVIK - NORWAY" Narviking's Profile

PARTS OF NARVIK SEEN THERE IN THE DISTANCE. PICTURE TAKEN FROM THE ROAD TO THE AIRPORT.
For a live view of centre of town see: LIVEKAMERA and to see the latest weather report look at: WEATHER

VISITORS AND TRAVELS.
FOR THE TIME BEING, NO UPDATES ON VT !!!

A FEW WORDS ABOUT MYSELF:

I am a guy from Narvik in Northern Norway. I was born here and have lived here all my life.
I work as a consultant in a office belonging to the norwegian state.

I live a very good life up here in Narvik and have never tought about moving somewere else. I have everything I need here including my family and I am surrounded by a wonderful nature.

One of my main interests is to travel and see the countries and cultures of the world. I also like to meet travellers who visit my town Narvik so contact me if you happens to be here or have plans for a visit to the far north of Europe.

The list of countries were I have been show those countries were I actually sat my foot and not those were I flew over by airplane or just sat in a airplane on the airport !

My pages are more or less a personal memory album of the trips I have made. It shows places and people I met during my trips.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY RECENT/PLANNED TRIPS:
2001: Spain, Andorra, Poland, Romania, China, Mongolia and Denmark.

2002: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Cambodia, Myanmar (Burma) , Laos, Thailand and Russia.

2003:
Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Spain, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Iran.

2004:
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Greece, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia and Macedonia.

2005:
Denmark, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and India.

2006:
Cameroon, Equatorial-Guinea, Gabon, Nigeria, Chad, Libya, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Mali, Guinea, Namibia, South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Swaziland and Mozambique.

2007:
Canada, Cuba, Bahamas, Jamaica, France, Monaco, Italy, Latvia, Ukraine, Moldova, Ethiopia, Congo-Kinshasa and Congo-Brazzaville.

2008:
Taiwan, Japan, South-Korea, China, North-Korea, Latvia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia.

2009:
Central African Republic. Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Angola. Am planning to visit: Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Tuvalu, Kiribati and Vanuatu.

In addition I visit Finland and Sweden several times each year.

WHERE ON EARTH IS NARVIK ??

On this map you can see were my hometown Narvik are located. When you see me online here on VT thats the place were I am sitting, far up here in the north. I must say I have a very good life up here in northern Scandinavia. The only thing I dont like is that the winters in my opinion is a bit too long... But for those who like skiing and snowboarding this is a paradise. Our summers can be pretty warm and nice and I love them, with midnightsun and all. The nature around Narvik is nice so its good to come here if you like nature and outdoorstuff.

PS: PHOTO BELOW OF ME AND MY FAMILY WERE TAKEN BY HUSAIN FROM INDIA DURING HIS VISIT

• Intro Updated Aug 16, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Narviking's Profile Photo

Narviking

“Independent countries in the world visited so far: 153”

Real Name