"WELCOME TO BHUTAN" Bhutan by Narviking
Bhutan Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 948 photos
During my trip to India I also had the chance to visit neighbouring Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan. Bhutan was really a wonderful country. That fresh air, beautiful nature, interesting society and culture.... Guess Bhutan is among the most interesting countries I ever been to.
To get a visa for Bhutan was difficult as I travel independently and not on a tour. Well we finally got the visa after some kind help from my bhutanese friends. We were going to take a plane from Kathmandu to Thimphu. When we were going to check in they realized they had overbooked and there were no seat for us ! I got angry as it was the only chance for me to visit Bhutan and our friends were waiting for us in the airport. After some time we got help from the travelagency in Kathmandu that had issued our ticket. They told us we could fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar in eastern Nepal, then travel by car via India to Thimphu in Bhutan. So we rush to the indian embassy to get indian visa, then back to airport and jumped on the plane to Biratnagar. There the travelagency had a car and driver waiting for us and it drove us the long and absolutely terrible road to Bhutan. After about 17 hours we arrived in Thimpu. But it was worth the struggle as Bhutan was absolutely amazing.
I have a penpal in Bhutan named Ugyen Tshering. He is a teacher and teach in a village far from Thimphu. It was impossible for me to go to that village but his family lives in Thimphu and they took care of us when we were in Bhutan. Hardly could we have been more lucky. Those people was just fantastic and made our stay in Bhutan so wonderful.
FOR MORE PICTURES FROM BHUTAN TAKE A LOOK AT MY TRAVELOUGES.
Whole of Bhutan is a 'must see'. Its a unique country and I found it fascinating just to be inside its borders. It has a... more travel advice
There are several hotels in Thimphu. If you want a not so expensive place to stay try Hotel Kelwang in centre of town.... more travel advice
- Packing List
- Bhutan seems to be a very safe...
- The bhutanese are quite...
Narviking's Related Pages
Bhutan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Falling in love with a country"
- "BHUTAN - the last true illusion of the Himalaya"
- "Land of the Thunder Dragon"
- "Into the Last Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom"
- "Another world"
- "A TRIP TO SHANGRI-LA*** BHUTAN, THE DRAGON KINGDOM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bhutan
- Hotels in Bhutan
- Transportation in Bhutan
- Nightlife in Bhutan
- Restaurants in Bhutan
- Shopping in Bhutan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bhutan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bhutan
- 12 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Bhutan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bhutan
Top 10 Pages
- Tehran Intro, 6 reviews, 96 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bhutan Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 7 travelogues
- Burkina Faso Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sudan Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 9 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Algeria Intro, 9 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narvik Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- El Oued Intro, 8 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niger Intro, 5 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues