"MY HOMETOWN NARVIK" Top 5 Page for this destination Narvik by Narviking

Narvik Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 271 photos

This page is about Narvik the town were I was born and have lived all my life. Narvik has a population of nearly 20000 and are located about 300 kilometers north of the socalled "Arctic circle". Because we are so far north we have in Narvik no darkness at all from the end of april to mid august. In june and july we enjoy the midnightsun. In winter its oposite... The sun set in the town centre on 5 november and dont rise again until 5 february....

You find here some pictures to get an idea about what the Narvik area looks like. Later, when time permits I will put out more picture in my Travelouge.

This picture shows a recidencial area of Narvik called Taraldsvik. I grew up in this part of town.

On nice summerdays people use to take their boats from here and go on the fjord fishing or just making a trip.

• Intro Updated Jan 7, 2005

• Jan 15, 2009 at 7:42 AM

lovely town. any new photos? what can one do there? hope to visit in March.

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 9:24 AM

I'll have to visit Narvik some day. It looks like a town I would enjoy.

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 7:14 AM

Very nice page for a very special place like Narvik. takk for bursdagshilsen! Alt bra her i Oslo, til tross for mye regn...

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2007 at 4:23 AM

En hyggelig by! Jeg har ikke vaert der, men hoert mye! Nord Norge er skjoen!!!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 3:15 PM

Thanks for sharing your hometown with us. A lovely place; one to be proud of. Beautiful photographs.

• Mar 19, 2007 at 6:44 AM

We'll be in Bergen next week, Jim, but it's still too far from you for a meet, right? -- Nathalie

• triplehelix's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2006 at 3:13 PM

beautiful little town. would love to visit this idylic place.

• javed's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 4:23 PM

great photos of your town, specially the winter ones...really envy you, your home is surrounded with beautiful landscapes

• alidunne's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 9:23 AM

Hey Jimmy, I also can't believe it's 2 years since we visited Narvik and your great hospitality. I hope you are wrapped up warm this winter. Have a Great Christmas and New Year.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 3:42 AM

Looks wonderful, Jim! We passed through Narvik this summer, but just to change buses on our way from Tromso to Fauske! I hope you are doing alright!

Narviking Lives Here!

Narviking

“Independent countries in the world visited so far: 153”

Badges & Stats in Narvik