"Welcome to TomTomi's brag pages" TomTomi's Profile

When I first discovered VT, I found that there wasn't that many info on nite life and restaurants. Lotsa general info, which can be found in all the tourist guides are available, though (respect to that!). But that's why I decided to concentrate mostly on those "wicked" travel activities. Sure, I like to see sights, but I gladly skip all the museums and other "must sees". After all, you gotta eat, and what else is there to do at night than sleep (which I can do at home;)... That's why I wanna make sure that I find the places to go to, the bars with the coldest beer and the restaurants with food without the "tourist-tax". Even though I'm a tourist myself, I don't like to see other tourists;) - I prefer locals - and since all tourists read the same guides, they're all at the same places, now aren't they?

On my pages I try to give you tips on places that are not that well known, but by locals.

Everytime I travel (at summer) I take my scooter with me. I'm still surprised to see that in most places only kids use these phenomenal gadgets for getting around!

I've saved countless of hours and sore feet by using my scooter, instead of walking. And it's fun, too. Walking up the hills in e.g. Budapest, Barcelona and Prague is good excercise, but coming down with a scooter is an adventure. Trust me!

Price is quality. Don't buy a cheap scooter!

• Intro Updated Mar 4, 2004

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hyvaa syntymapaivaa Tom and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit next May for the Euromeeting. It will be fun with vteers from all over. Cheers

• hej-ansson's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 6:31 AM

Hi, Happy belated birthday. Mvh HEJ :-)

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2008 at 1:21 AM

happy and free, peace and harmony in your birthday, wish you from burma. get great events in new year 2008

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Happy Birthday, Tom! Hope you have a wonderful day!

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Best wishes for your birthday and for 2008 too!! Greetings from Mexico all the way up to your beautiful country :)

• newyorkerman's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Wishing you a very happy...and drunken (if you wish) birthday from the Big Apple!

• leecouk12324's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Scooters - interesting - i love folding bikes and are great for more fun for exploring city destinations (ie - than walking)

• Marien27's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2007 at 12:19 PM

drink is the course of the working classes!

• LucyInTheSky's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Great pictures..! cheers, Lucy

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
TomTomi's Profile Photo

TomTomi

“"Work is the curse of the drinking classes"”

Real Name