"Harrisburg: A city on the upswing." Top 5 Page for this destination Harrisburg by hochbeam
Harrisburg Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 228 photos
I admit some reluctance when my job brought me to Harrisburg, far from the ocean, off the Northeast corridor, and far from my family. But this little city can grow on you. The Harrisburg area is divided by the Susqehanna river, which happens to be on my doorstep. My neigbors, who work for the Democratic have taught me to refer to the West Shore as the "White Shore" with some derision. The East Shore, Harrisburg proper, has a nicely diverse, vibrant Midtown neighborhood which I call home.
- Pros:It's even smaller than Wilmington was.
- Cons:It's even smaller than Wilmington was.
- In a nutshell:Quick! Enjoy Harrisburg before it gets discovered.
These two large historic buildings house an exciting array of foods, from Amish produce and meats to an international... more travel advice
If you like architecture, take a look at what's going on in Midtown. On some streets, all of the wonderful old buildings... more travel advice
hochbeam's Related Pages
Harrisburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Harrisburg: an underrated capital city"
- "Harrisburg -- The Crapital of PA"
- "Harrisburg: A city on the upswing."
- "Pennsylvania's State Capital."
- "Harrisburg, PA, State Capital"
- "The burg..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harrisburg
- Hotels in Harrisburg
- Transportation in Harrisburg
- Nightlife in Harrisburg
- Restaurants in Harrisburg
- Shopping in Harrisburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Harrisburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harrisburg
- 11 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Harrisburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harrisburg
Photos in HarrisburgSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 36 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harrisburg Intro, 11 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Delaware Intro, 3 reviews
No friends yet.