Paso Robles Off The Beaten Path Tips by TRimer Top 5 Page for this destination
Paso Robles Off The Beaten Path: 10 reviews and 30 photos
Outside Maloy's Tasting Room
Another small family owned and opererated vineyard and winery. They specialize in premium estate grown wines that they produce in limited quanitities. They are one of the wineries in the area that still hand bottles their wines.
Cabernet Sauvignon is the flagship variety, but other premium varietals include Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Sangiovese, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Muscat Canelli, and Malvasia Bianca. In all, Maloy O’Neill Vineyards in Paso Robles offers up to 36 wines each year — all within a total production of 5,000 cases.
They have recently built a new tasting room which has a large bar area.
5725 Union Road
Other Contact: Open Fri/Sat 10-5
Joe and I with Bruce Hansen
Bruce Hansen makes wine for himself and for his wine club- period. He is passionate about it and uses only organic materials. I had read about the winery in my Grape Escapes book and decided to check it out. The winery is off of the main strip (46 W or E) and as Hunt Cellars told us- is on the way to the town dump. We were not disappointed. We first did the tasting with another couple who frequents the area and Bruce's wife. The tasting room is small and consists of a long bar and displays of barb wire which according to Bruce's wife is a souvenir from Bruce's first marriage. We had sampled all of the wines- great syrah, zinfandel and a cabernet when Bruce returned from the plumbing store. He decided we should start over with him and poured us a viogner. Then we followed him for the next hour back into the cellar where he tapped into his private reserve using a wine thief to take wine from the different barrels. We spent the next hour or so comparing mixes (he would have us mix wines from the different barrels- as they all have their own flavor) against wine he had already bottled. Lots of fun and very informative. We definately signed up for Bruce's wine club and look forward to receiving his wines. The tasting room is only open on the weekend from 11:30am-5:30 pm.
Other Contact: 5575 El Pomar Drive
More Reviews (15)
- It is warmer here
- See All Wine tasting @ Clautiere
- Themed Wineries
- See All Grape Escapes Wine Book
TRimer's Related Pages
Paso Robles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On and Off the Road in Paso Robles"
- "I already want to go back!!!!"
- "Wine Country 3 1/2 Hours from Los Angeles!"
- "Wonderful Southern California Wine Region"
- "Paso Robles - a wine stop"
- "GOOD OL" BURGERS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paso Robles
- Hotels in Paso Robles
- Transportation in Paso Robles
- Nightlife in Paso Robles
- Restaurants in Paso Robles
- Shopping in Paso Robles
- See All...
Explore the World
- Outside Greater Toronto area
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- San Diego Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- California Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Cincinnati Off The Beaten Path
- Napa Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Ho Chi Minh City Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Paso Robles
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Paso Robles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paso Robles
Photos in Paso RoblesSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 125 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 55 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 34 reviews, 23 photos
- Ireland Intro, 31 reviews, 25 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Antilles Intro, 25 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Paso Robles hotel reviews
- Melody Ranch Motel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Adelaide Inn
- 311 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Paso Robles Inn
- 324 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Ste Paso Roble
- 151 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast
- 290 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Paso Robles, CA
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
- 243 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013